At least two people have been killed and a number of others injured in an explosion outside of the US embassy in Ankara. Initial reports pointed to a suicide bombing.
Video footage broadcast on local news channels showed at least one wounded woman being loaded into one of several ambulances that had rushed to the scene immediately after the blast. Damage to the embassy building was also visible.
News agencies quoted police officials who said that the blast had been caused by a suicide bomber who had detonated an explosive device outside of a side entrance to the embassy. Two people, including the bomber, were reported dead.
The US ambassador to Turkey, Francis Ricciarione, told reporters that a Turkish national, who worked as a guard at the gate where the blast occured, was among those killed.
Security is tight around the building, which is located in a district of the Turkish capital with several other embassies, including those of Germany and France.
The Associated Press quoted a police official who said they were examining footage from security cameras around the embassy and had identified two people who may have been the suicide bomber.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but Interior Minister Muammer Guler told reporters that the government suspected a member of a far-left group was behind Friday's attack.
Previous bombings in Turkey have also been blamed on Islamist militants. Among these was an attack in the British consulate in 2003 that killed 58 people, including the consul-general.
pfd/msh (AP, Reuters, AFP, dpa)
Özil hasn't had things easy lately at Arsenal and with the Germany team. But to overcome a 2-0 deficit against Bayern, the midfielder will need to be on his best form and prove the doubters wrong at home and abroad.
Borussia Mönchengladbach have confirmed Marc-Andre ter Stegen will leave Borussia-Park this summer - probably to join FC Barcelona. Yann Sommer from FC Basel will be his successor.