We're currently accepting applications for the winter semester 2013/2014. The deadline is April 30, 2013.
Prospective students will have to apply through an online-based system. Please read the information below, before you visit the application link (application deadline: April 30, 2013).
Before you start entering your data in the online-application form, please make sure you have all documents required for application ready:
• (signed) Letter of motivation
• (signed) Curriculum vitae in table form
• Original Certificate of your first academic degree including transcripts and translation of both documents into either German or English (if they have been issued in a language other than English or German) – Please find download stated below
• Evidence of at least one year's professional experience in a media-related field after obtaining your first degree (B.A. or equivalent) - usually a letter of confirmation from the employer is submitted (applicants for a full scholarship must give evidence of one additional year of professional experience)
• Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China, Vietnam or Mongolia)
• Evidence of sufficient English language skills (TOEFL IBT: score of 83 or higher, IELTS: score of 6.0 or higher, BULATS: score of 70 or higher, LCCI: level 3) - English language certificates are valid for two years from the date of issue
• Evidence of sufficient German language skills (TestDaF at least level TDN 3 in all four parts of the examination, Goethe Zertifikat at least level B2 or DSH at least level 1)
• Copy of the first two pages of your passport
If you would like to apply for a full scholarship, you will be required to submit some additional documents:
• Recent recommendation letter from a University (signed with an official University stamp)
• Recent recommendation letter from your employer (signed with an official company stamp)
• DAAD application form (please find the link to the application form at the bottom of this page under the headline WWW-links)
• High school diploma
Regarding the English and German language skills, please be aware that you will need to provide evidence of sufficient language skills for both languages. If you have knowledge of only one of the two languages, this does not suffice. If one of these languages is your native language or you have completed your entire program of study in either of them, evidence of that particular language is not necessary.
For the online-application, you will be required to perfom the following steps:
1. Please click on the link to the online-application site.
2. Now click on the link "International Media Studies".
3. Now please enter your personal data in the designated fields. Please note that fields marked with "*" are mandatory and information must be provided. Where fields are marked with " ? ", instructions or additional information will be supplied. On the left-hand side you will find a navigation bar to help you navigate the site. You are required to enter your data in the default order. Should you have failed to fill in one of the mandatory fields, you will not be able to access the next column. A mandatory field where no data have been entered will be marked red.
4. In the column "Letter of Motivation" you will be able to explain your motivation and reasons for wanting to take part in the Master's Program International Media Studies. Alternatively, you may upload your statement of purpose as a PDF file in the column "Checklist". If you would like to apply for a scholarship (full or partial scholarship) please mention this in your statement of purpose.
5. When you have completed the data entry process the column "Checklist" will appear, where you must upload the required application documents.
6. When all columns are complete and you have uploaded all required documents you will be able to send your application.
7. After having sent your application, you will receive your personal user name and password. Please make a note of this information as you will need it to be able to track the status of your application.
8. Once you have sent your application you will not be able to make any amendments or additions. You will only be able to upload missing documents.
After the application deadline has expired, a committee of representatives of the University of Applied Sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, the University of Bonn, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and Deutsche Welle will decide on the award of places. In case your application is approved (you will be informed by email) you will be required to send certified copies of your original application documents to our cooperation partner, the University of Applied Sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg as soon as possible. Please note that all copies of documents you submit must be officially certified for authenticity with the originals. In case your documents have not been issued in either German or English, you will need to additionally submit officially certified translations into either English or German. If you have completed the TOEFL as evidence of sufficient English language skills, please have ETS (Educational Testing Service) send your certificate directly to us. You will need to inform them about our institute number, 7977. Only after the verification of your original application documents will we be able to confirm the unconditional offer of a place of study. You will receive more information on this process at the given time.
Mon - Fri | 9 am - 4 pm (UTC+1)